[IPython-user] IPython 0.7.1 is out.

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 11:36:33 CST 2006

On 1/24/06, Walter Dörwald <walter at livinglogic.de> wrote:

> Is hasattr(__builtin__, "__IPYTHON__") the correct way to determine if
> I'm running under IPython?

No, it's ipapi.is_ipython_session(). I had it on my home windows
partition but never got around to committing it... it's there now,
though.

> >> Another enhancement request: It would be great if the return value of
> >> the displayhook would be assigned to the _ variable (instead of the
> >> original object). This way e.g. a curses based browser could be used to

Done in trunk/

> curses actually fun). Here are a few screenshots:

Nice screenshots, seems quite useful (too bad Windows doesn't support curses).

I'm looking forward to playing with this.

--
Ville Vainio - http://tinyurl.com/2prnb
http://vainio.blogspot.com