[IPython-user] IPython 0.7.1 is out.

Walter Dörwald walter at livinglogic.de
Tue Jan 24 15:42:59 CST 2006

Ville Vainio wrote:

> On 1/24/06, Walter Dörwald <walter at livinglogic.de> wrote:
>
>> Is hasattr(__builtin__, "__IPYTHON__") the correct way to determine if
>> I'm running under IPython?
>
> No, it's ipapi.is_ipython_session(). I had it on my home windows
> partition but never got around to committing it... it's there now,
> though.

OK, I'm using this now (and I've updated to code to no longer use
decorator syntax).

> Done in trunk/

Great, I've tried it, and it works perfectly.

>> curses actually fun). Here are a few screenshots:
>
> Nice screenshots, seems quite useful (too bad Windows doesn't support curses).
>
> I'm looking forward to playing with this.

You can download the current version from
http://styx.livinglogic.de/~walter/IPython/ipipe.py

This requires the current IPython SVN trunk now.

Horizontal scrolling in the browser is largely unimplemented, so if you
hit the right screen edge or a line is to long, you'll get an exception.

The key mapping is this:
Cursor up/down/left right: move one line/column
Page up/down: move one page-one line up/down
q: Quit browser
space: Mark/unmark object
p: Pick object under the cursor and return to the IPython shell (the
object will be in _)
P: Pick all marked objects and return to the IPython shell (the list of
objects will be in _)

Of course the browser needs a few other functions, like "go to index" or
"search".

It might make sense to unify the new path objects and ifile.

And there are still many docstrings missing. BTW, what's the policy on
IPython docstrings? ReST? Plain text?

Bye,
   Walter Dörwald