[IPython-user] win32com tab completion?

Matt Wilkie maphew at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 18:40:50 CST 2006

Dear ipy,

Is it possible to get tab completion and interactive help for imported
win32com objects?

I can connect to and use them in the shell if I know what they are but
it's hard to remember how to spell them or what their parameters are.
For example:

   gp = win32com.client.Dispatch("esriGeoprocessing.GpDispatch.1")
   gp.{tab}

shows

   gp._ApplyTypes_             gp.__setitem__
   gp._FlagAsMethod            gp.__str__
   gp._LazyAddAttr_            gp._builtMethods_
   etc..

but not "gp.AddToolBox" or any of the others I would actually use.

cheers,

--
-matt