[IPython-user] python vs. ipython

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 16:19:40 CST 2006

On 1/27/06, Peter Teuben <teuben at astro.umd.edu> wrote:

> Btw, if the new notation becomes official, we should also adopt the man
> page of ipython to reflect this, so instead of
>         ipython [options] files...
> it be
>         ipython [options] script [argument]
>
> (names used from the python man page)

I'll do this. However, to me setting sys.argv to ['-c'] is somewhat
pointless, considering that it doesn't prevent the rest of sys.argv
from being evaluated and executed in the first place.

In the spirit of "better ask for forgiveness than permission", I'm
changing it to leave sys.argv untouched (the only sane option IMO).
Novw in SVN. I'll revert the change if someone complains.

Thanks for working with me on this.

--
Ville Vainio - http://tinyurl.com/2prnb
http://vainio.blogspot.com