[IPython-user] Problems interrupting multiline input

Francesc Altet faltet at carabos.com
Mon Jan 30 00:23:33 CST 2006

Hi,

I'm having problems when I want to abort multiline inputs. For example:

In [4]:descr=[('position', 'i8'),
   ...:---------------------------------------------------------------------------
exceptions.KeyboardInterrupt                         Traceback (most
recent call last)

/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/IPython/iplib.py in raw_input(self,
prompt, continue_prompt)
   1755         """
   1756
-> 1757         line = raw_input_original(prompt)
   1758         # Try to be reasonably smart about not re-indenting
pasted input more
   1759         # than necessary.  We do this by trimming out the
auto-indent initial

KeyboardInterrupt:
   ...:

In this case, I've tried to interrupt (using ^C) the input after the
first sentence, but ipython keeps trying getting more input to complete
the sentence. I'd expect ipython to return me the regular prompt after
the ^C.

Using Python 2.3.5 and IPython 0.7.1

Thanks,

--