[IPython-user] Problems interrupting multiline input

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Mon Jan 30 00:30:20 CST 2006

Francesc Altet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having problems when I want to abort multiline inputs. For example:
>
> In [4]:descr=[('position', 'i8'),
>    ...:---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> exceptions.KeyboardInterrupt                         Traceback (most
> recent call last)

Ah, the joys of my unbeatable time machine:

http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/changeset/1102

Timestamp: 01/30/06 00:08:16
Author:     fperez
Message:     Fix KeyboardInterrupt? trapping (Ctrl-C), which I think I
recently broke.

That's roughly 20 minutes ago, just when you were about to notice the problem
and write a message reporting it.

See, you can't win ;)

ps - I wish my time machine allowed me to push this fix back into your local
box, but I'm afraid for that you'll need to update SVN...