[IPython-user] new numpy/scipy

Ryan Krauss ryanlists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 09:30:44 CST 2006

I just switched to the new numpy/scipy and when I start ipython with
the options -pylab -p scipy I get the warning message:
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'alter_numeric'
WARNING: Failure executing code: 'scipy.alter_numeric()'

I am assuming this is not a big deal and am just ignoring it, but I am
wondering if I need to set something somewhere in my rc files to tell
ipython I want to use numpy and the new scipy (I have set this option
in my matplotlibrc, but have not changed anything in ipythonrc's).

Do I need to do anything?

Thanks,

Ryan