[IPython-user] Release of pyreadline 1.3

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Sun Jul 16 01:20:55 CDT 2006

Jörgen Stenarson пишет:
> Alexander Belchenko skrev:
>> I download and install new pyreadline and test it with IPython 0.7.1.
>> Suddenly this implementation has some undesirable effect (in compare
>> with UNC readline): when IPython running it use settings of console for
>> foreground color, but in the prompt it try to force to use darker color.
>> But I don't want it! And even when I switch manually color of foreground
>> for my console back to bright yellow (as my default when IPython
>> started) then during multiline editing pyreadline again switch to dark
>> yellow color.
>
> I have comitted a patch to svn so please try the trunk version and let
> me know if there are any problems.

Hmmm. There is problem with that patch.

There is no problem with LightBG color scheme but I have problems with
Linux color scheme (at black background).

Reproduction of problem in IPython:

import os
os.path?

When I use your original release of pyreadline 1.3 then all docstrings
prints OK. See screenshot original.png.

When I install patched version of pyreadline then magic help prints as
black on black. See screenshot patched.png.

--
Alexander