[IPython-user] Release of pyreadline 1.3

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu
Thu Jun 1 15:03:07 CDT 2006

Gary,

I just made the following announcement on comp.lang.python. I hope you
will find some use in our improvements just as we have found great use
in the readline package you created. Thank you.

/Jörgen

We are happy to announce the release of pyreadline 1.3. Pyreadline is
based on UNC readline by Gary Bishop. UNC readline is not being
developed further by Gary, and PyReadline can be considered the
continuation of that project. This was done in full agreement with Gary,
given his current development priorities.

Pyreadline is maintained by the ipython project
(http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/wiki/PyReadline/Intro).

New features:

     * Support for international characters (if you have the correct
codepage active)
     * Copy and paste using the clipboard
     * Smart paste for convenient use with ipython. Converting tab
separated data to python list or numpy array. Converting file paths to
use / and escaping any spaces using \ .
     * Pasting of multiline code removing empty lines

Get it at: http://ipython.scipy.org/dist/pyreadline-1.3.win32.exe.
Installations instructions are available on the pyreadline wiki.

Once again we would like to thank Gary for creating this readline package.

/pyreadline team