[IPython-user] using with emacs

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 20:03:45 CDT 2006

On 6/3/06, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:

> One more thing.  I have these two in my emacs config:
>
> (require 'ansi-color)
> (ansi-color-for-comint-mode-on)
>
> Do they help?
>
> Perhaps we should include them /inside/ ipython.el...

Well, ipython.el does include them already...

But I do see a difference if I comment them out in shell emacs
buffers: 'ls --color' gives me all sorts of garbage without them, and
produces correctly colored output when they are active (tested in both
emacs and xemacs).

Also, make sure you are really using ipython.el from SVN, so we're at
least working with the same code.  I have it symlinked in my elisp
directory to the real one from the SVN tree.