[IPython-user] sh profile should preserve the reserved python words

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 20:33:10 CDT 2006

On 6/4/06, Krishna Mohan Gundu <gkmohan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like I need to run rehashx, EVERY time I launch 'ipython -p sh'.
> This is not clear from the message. I thought the message was saying,
> if you install new software run rehash.

Please keep the list on the replies, so this conversation gets
archived for future reference.

OK, this is a bug: I see it now.  The 'pysh' profile, the ancestor to
the 'sh' one, does not have this problem.  I didn't write the 'sh'
code, so Ville will need to look into this.  I've created a ticket for
the problem:

http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/ticket/67

Thanks for the report: it would have been ugly to release 0.7.2 with this bug.

You can use the 'pysh' one in the meantime if you want: while it
doesn't make use of some of the internal niceties of sh, it works :)