[IPython-user] Release of pyreadline 1.3

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Wed Jun 7 00:50:41 CDT 2006

Jörgen Stenarson пишет:
> We are happy to announce the release of pyreadline 1.3. Pyreadline is
> based on UNC readline by Gary Bishop. UNC readline is not being
> developed further by Gary, and PyReadline can be considered the
> continuation of that project. This was done in full agreement with Gary,
> given his current development priorities.
>
> Pyreadline is maintained by the ipython project
> (http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/wiki/PyReadline/Intro).

I download and install new pyreadline and test it with IPython 0.7.1.
Suddenly this implementation has some undesirable effect (in compare
with UNC readline): when IPython running it use settings of console for
foreground color, but in the prompt it try to force to use darker color.
But I don't want it! And even when I switch manually color of foreground
for my console back to bright yellow (as my default when IPython
started) then during multiline editing pyreadline again switch to dark
yellow color.

Why???

I attach screenshot.

I think it's the bug. Please don't touch default foreground color!

--
Alexander