[IPython-user] pysh variable substituion and scope

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 00:54:59 CDT 2006

On 6/3/06, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:

> > ===
> > krishna at master[ipython]|1> echo "# hash is escaped?"
> > \# hash is escaped?
> > ===
>
> Yes, # is escaped, and I honestly don't really know why.
[...]

OK, now that 0.7.2 is out, this (as well as your other patches) can be
revisited.  I'm now really moving over to the chainsaw branch, so I'll
let Ville decide what to do here.

Ville: for what it's worth, I can't really think of a good reason for
escaping #, so if you can't either and some testing shows things to be
OK without the escaping, go ahead and remove it.