[IPython-user] Release of pyreadline 1.3

Walter Dörwald walter at livinglogic.de
Wed Jun 7 02:59:54 CDT 2006

Alexander Belchenko wrote:

> Jörgen Stenarson пишет:
>> We are happy to announce the release of pyreadline 1.3. Pyreadline is
>> based on UNC readline by Gary Bishop. UNC readline is not being
>> developed further by Gary, and PyReadline can be considered the
>> continuation of that project. This was done in full agreement with
>> Gary, given his current development priorities.
>>
>> Pyreadline is maintained by the ipython project
>> (http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/wiki/PyReadline/Intro).
>
> I download and install new pyreadline and test it with IPython 0.7.1.
> Suddenly this implementation has some undesirable effect (in compare
> with UNC readline): when IPython running it use settings of console for
> foreground color, but in the prompt it try to force to use darker color.
> But I don't want it! And even when I switch manually color of foreground
> for my console back to bright yellow (as my default when IPython
> started) then during multiline editing pyreadline again switch to dark
> yellow color.
>
> Why???
>
> I attach screenshot.
>
> I think it's the bug. Please don't touch default foreground color!

Are you using a custom color scheme?

You might try fiddling with Console.write_color() in console.py to see
if you can fix this problem. My guess is that ``attr = attr & ~0x08`` in
the ``if part == "0": # switch to default`` test is the "problem".

The real problem might be that the end of the prompt outputs "\033[0m"
to switch back to the default color, when what it really should do is
switch back to IPython normal output color.

Servus,
    Walter