[IPython-user] Release of pyreadline 1.3

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu
Wed Jun 7 11:31:35 CDT 2006

Alexander Belchenko skrev:
> Jörgen Stenarson пишет:
>> We are happy to announce the release of pyreadline 1.3. Pyreadline is
>> based on UNC readline by Gary Bishop. UNC readline is not being
>> developed further by Gary, and PyReadline can be considered the
>> continuation of that project. This was done in full agreement with
>> Gary, given his current development priorities.
>>
>> Pyreadline is maintained by the ipython project
>> (http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/wiki/PyReadline/Intro).
>
> I download and install new pyreadline and test it with IPython 0.7.1.
> Suddenly this implementation has some undesirable effect (in compare
> with UNC readline): when IPython running it use settings of console for
> foreground color, but in the prompt it try to force to use darker color.
> But I don't want it! And even when I switch manually color of foreground
> for my console back to bright yellow (as my default when IPython
> started) then during multiline editing pyreadline again switch to dark
> yellow color.

This is probably caused by some changes in the color handling that were
not tested properly (personally I don't use anything but the standard
colors so I have not seen this). Perhaps Walter's proposed patch will
fix this. Anyway, I can't look at this today and tomorrow I'm leaving
for a conference and will not be back until 26th june. I have added this
problem as a ticket to the bugtracker and will revisit this when I return.

/Jörgen