[IPython-user] chainsaw shell

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 04:41:07 CDT 2006

On 6/8/06, Martin Spacek <ipython at mspacek.mm.st> wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, are there plans for the shell in the chainsaw to
> have on-the-fly input syntax highlighting with bracket matching, and a
> way for the user to configure syntax colouring and fonts? I've noticed
> that wx PyShell does some of these things.
>
> I'm fantasizing about the day I'll be able to give up the windows
> command prompt :)

Do you mean windows prompt (cmd.exe), or the terminal used for dos
commands? I've given up cmd.exe ages ago for ipython, but still use
ipython in normal command terminal window (because that's all it works
with ATM on win32).

--
Ville Vainio - vivainio.googlepages.com
vainio.blogspot.com - g[mail | talk]='vivainio'