[IPython-user] embedding in tk

Charlie Moad cwmoad at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 06:55:51 CST 2006

     I was hoping someone could point me to the path of least
resistance for embedding IPython into a Tkinter context.  If there is
a dead simple way to make it work naturally in IDLE that would be
great.  I can get IPShellEmbed to work in IDLE only if colors are
disabled, but the key interactions don't seem to work at all (e.g.
readline support).  Is there sample code out there for a Tkinter.Text
context?  My google searches didn't get me very far so thanks in
advanced.

- Charlie