[IPython-user] More ipython and python2.5: 'with' statements

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 02:04:18 CST 2006

On 3/10/06, Fernando Perez <Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu> wrote:

> but you have to keep in mind that ipython imports a ton of modules from the
> standard library.  I wonder if, in 2.5, any of the stdlib modules have these
> future imports, which would explain the behavior you are seeing.

Shouldn't the effect of future statement be limited to the current file?

In any case, I don't see this as a huge problem... interactive use can
be quite strict about what is reserved, "breaking code" does not
matter if the code that got broken was authored 0.5 seconds ago. :-)

--
Ville Vainio - vivainio.googlepages.com
vainio.blogspot.com - g[mail | talk]='vivainio'