[IPython-user] ipython + visual

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Sun Mar 12 01:41:09 CST 2006

John Hunter wrote:

>     sunqiang> forgive me for out of topic, but when i send the post
>     sunqiang> before, it doesn't appear in the maillist. and is it has
>     sunqiang> some relationship ?* ipython quits after run a wxpython
>     sunqiang> script two times * the script is very simple.
>     sunqiang> ================== import wx app = wx.PySimpleApp() win
>     sunqiang> = wx.Frame(None, title='Hello World!')  win.Show()
>     sunqiang> app.MainLoop()* * ================== i start ipython
>     sunqiang> with -wthread and run the script times, when i close the
>     sunqiang> wxapp the second time, ipython quits.
>

> I think you should not be calling MainLoop with -wthread.

Well, I thought that we were doing all the necessary tricks to make sure that
'normal' wx scripts would work OK under -wthread, without needing any
modifications.

In fact, I tried the example and it runs fine for me, regardless of how many
times I close/reopen it.

Note, however, that I had to modify the code a little:

import wx
app = wx.PySimpleApp()
win = wx.Frame(None,-1, title='Hello World!')
win.Show()
app.MainLoop()

Note the extra -1 in the Frame() call.  With that change, I can close the
window as many times as I want without any problems, and I tested this both
under Fedora3/WX 2.4 and ubuntu/WX 2.6.