[IPython-user] More ipython and python2.5: 'with' statements

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sun Mar 12 12:02:02 CST 2006

Fernando Perez wrote:
> Zachary Pincus wrote:
>
>> The actual 'with' case isn't too huge an issue -- but it could
>> possibly be indicative of a larger problem.
>>
>> Nothing in the python 2.5 standard lib appears to explicitly import
>> anything from __future__, so the with_statement must be coming in
>> another way. I have no idea if that way is a problem in ipython, but
>> I thought I'd mention it in case it rang any bells with any ipython
>> developers.
>>

> No, I really can't think of how this may happen, though I'm genuinely curious.
>   Right now I don't have 2.5 installed, nor the time to play with it,
> unfortunately.  If you ever figure out this little mystery, by all means let
> me know.

A side issue - and a bit OT sorry - if anyone has a Python 2.5 install
built for windows I would be *very* interested in getting hold of one.

By the way, if anyone is interested, recent experiments have confirmed
that IPython and matplotlib work under the current version of Movable
Python.

Thanks

Fuzzyman