[IPython-user] Ipython 0.7.1 and Xemacs

Nicolas Pernetty nicopernetty at yahoo.fr
Tue Mar 14 18:24:23 CST 2006

Hello,

It seems that the new Ipython debugger is not compatible with the
ipython.el/python-mode.el(4.75) on Xemacs 21.4.17 (on Debian Testing).

Inside ipdb the completion failed to work (work flawlessly outside
Xemacs) and pdbtrack failed to recognize the ipdb prompt and
the traceback lines.

I somehow managed to make pdbtrack work by modifying the prompt (it was
waiting for a (Pdb)> and I changed it to ipdb>) and by modifying the
'format-stack-entry' in Debugger.py (just copy/paste what was in pdb.py
in the Python distribution).
There was of course no problem with Ipython 6.5.3 since it used the
regular Pdb...

But I don't have a clue about the ipdb completion in Xemacs...

Thanks in advance,