[IPython-user] Ipython 0.7.1 and Xemacs

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Tue Mar 14 19:12:24 CST 2006

I had a similar problem with the debugger I've been working on.
(http://bashdb.sourceforge.net/pydb) and solved basically the same
way.  I don't have a good solution though for handling all the
different kinds of prompts that can appear other than extending the
regexp in Emacs which I don't find all that satisfying.

Was it Jamie Zawinski who said, "Folks who have a problem think: 'I
know, I'll solve it with a regular expression'. Now they have two
problems."

Funny though you mention completion in Emacs. For pydb just got
completion working in Emacs and ddd basically the same way: if the
debugger has a "complete" command, both of these programs will make
use of it. For details, see __do_complete in pydb/pydb.py.in of pydb.