[IPython-user] ipython SVN less friendly about EDITOR

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 07:22:53 CST 2006

On 3/16/06, Fernando Perez <Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu> wrote:

> > with spaces in the paths (or whatever) to explicitly quote the EDITOR
> > value.
> > (2) Provide an EDITOR_ARGUMENTS rc option.
> > (3) Tell me to sod off and just write a wrapper that calls 'mate -w'
> > and set that wrapper to EDITOR.
>
> My vote is on (1), I didn't know this had changed.  Certainly quoting editor

I think I have a middle ground solution for this:

- If there are spaces in EDITOR and os.path.isfile(EDITOR) (which of
course isn't true with "editor.exe -o", quote the EDITOR.

- otherwise, use EDITOR directly.

This way everyone gets the "expected" functionality.

I'll fix it this evening.

--
Ville Vainio - vivainio.googlepages.com
vainio.blogspot.com - g[mail | talk]='vivainio'