[IPython-user] [pyreadline]Support for running as subprocess?

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu
Thu Mar 16 16:32:24 CST 2006

Fernando Perez skrev:
> Jörgen Stenarson wrote:
>
>> The crash seems to be when I hit some code in genutils.write that is
>> not supposed to run (according to code comments).
>
> I just fixed a bug in that line, so at least you should get a more
> meaningful message instead of a crash.  That was a bug in genutils.
> Update SVN.
>
> As for the larger issues you were asking about, I honestly don't know.
> I use XEmacs heavily, but I know zilch about configuring it at a low
> level, and I don't know any lisp at all.  Alex Schmolck wrote the
> ipython.el code a long time ago, and it works nicely for me under
> linux.  Beyond that, I really don't know, I'm afraid.
>
> Cheers,

Progress,
This change made me realize I had to add WriteFile to the list of
functions imported from windll.kernel32. Now I get as far as having the
startup message of ipython printed (though without color). But there is
no prompt etc.

Liu have you gotten any further? If so could you post a patch against
current subversion (command: svn diff)?

/Jörgen