[IPython-user] cluster file syntax

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 01:35:27 CST 2006

On 3/16/06, Fernando Perez <Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu> wrote:

> In this particular case, I'm not sure the security issue is that big of a
> deal, since this is a system to execute arbitrary python code anyway.  But
> given how paranoid one may want to be...
>
> For ipython itself, I'm /definitely/ going with (1) in the future, but that's
> an easy one.  People load arbitrary code in their rc file anyway, it's just
> that today's system makes it inconvenient; I want it to be easy.

And (1), using a plain old python for config file, is already the
"default" in the stable branch. The old ipythonrc method is still
supported (all the old stuff works) but I'm probably not going to add
the new config options there.

http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/wiki/BasicConfiguration

--
Ville Vainio - vivainio.googlepages.com
vainio.blogspot.com - g[mail | talk]='vivainio'