[IPython-user] pyreadline question

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Fri Mar 31 04:05:27 CST 2006

Hello all,

I'm updating Movable Python and am including pyreadline.

First of all the instructions on installing from subversion seem to
include an incorrect step.

 From http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/wiki/PyReadline/Intro

    "copy pyreadlineconfig.ini from pyreadline-egg/pyreadline/config"

After running ``setup.py install`` I have a ``pyreadline/configuration``
directory which contains the ini file, but no ``pyreadline-egg``
directory and no ``config`` directory. I assume this is the right file
anyway.

The instructions say to copy this file to "your homedir". Movable Python
is intended to be run from a USB stick on arbitrary computers, so I
would like to be able to specify an alternative location for this file.
How do I do this ?

I don't mind patching the distribution, but I would prefer a better
solution.

Thanks

Fuzzyman