[IPython-user] ls strangeness

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Fri Mar 31 18:49:34 CST 2006

The shell is looking for a command on the path named 'ls -F', because
of how the command string is being passed from python to the shell.

Did you set up your ipythonrc files in some custom way so that the
'ls' magic command is set to 'ls -F'?

I ran into this problem with the 'edit' magic command when I set it
in my ipythonrc to be something with an argument. This was fixed in
the ipython code for the 'edit' magic, but possibly not for the 'ls'
magic.

Zach