[IPython-user] Custom command completers implemented in SVN

Stefan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Wed Nov 1 07:16:20 CST 2006

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 03:05:57PM +0200, Ville M. Vainio wrote:
> On 11/1/06, Stefan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za> wrote:
>
> >I am running the latest ipython trunk on a standard Ubuntu Edgy
> >installation, with no modifications to the default ipythonrc and a
> >stock standard /etc/inputrc.
> >
> >Any idea where I start looking for the problem?
>
> This is probably a difference b/w pyreadline (windows) and treadline
> (Linux). I gotta try it on Linux as well. ISTR that on linux, you
> didn't actually need to press backspace and erase the quote but could
> keep on typing letters as if the quote wasn't there.

As far as I remember, that used to work a number of revisions ago.
Now, the completion after the quote isn't being done properly.  For
example, if I type fun('/home<tab><tab> I see

In [1]: fun('/home/'
Display all 192 possibilities? (y or n)

but if I type fun('/home/<tab>

In [1]: fun('/home/stefan/'

Maybe someone else on a linux machine can try this example and report
on what they see -- could be that my setup that is broken.

Cheers
Stéfan