[IPython-user] Custom command completers implemented in SVN

Steve Lianoglou lists.steve at arachnedesign.net
Wed Nov 1 07:43:58 CST 2006

Hi,

> As far as I remember, that used to work a number of revisions ago.
> Now, the completion after the quote isn't being done properly.  For
> example, if I type fun('/home<tab><tab> I see
>
> In [1]: fun('/home/'
> Display all 192 possibilities? (y or n)
>
> but if I type fun('/home/<tab>
>
> In [1]: fun('/home/stefan/'
>
> Maybe someone else on a linux machine can try this example and report
> on what they see -- could be that my setup that is broken.

What Stefan is explaining happens exactly the same way on my OS X
machine .. it's been like this for as long as I can remember,
actually, but for the record I'm probably running on an svn-compilled
ipython from about 3 weeks ago or so (it says 0.7.3 SVN) ...

I'm not quite sure what I'm missing with this new "Custom command
completers" thing just yet .. I'll have to get the latest from svn to
check it out.

-steve