[IPython-user] Custom command completers implemented in SVN

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 00:50:50 CST 2006

On 11/1/06, Stefan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za> wrote:

> Some more strange behaviour in the new completer -- on my machine, at
> least, it won't run under emacs:

Ok, apparently emacs won't give you anything in line buffer (that has
the whole line, or more correctly everything up to
readline.get_endidx()), so custom completers won't work there. Please
try it again w/ current SVN, I added a check that doesn't attempt to
run custom completers when the line buffer is empty.