[IPython-user] ip startup error

signal seeker seekersignal at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 09:04:35 CST 2006

Greetings,

I had been using ip for a couple of months before I got this error on
startup yesteray ..

<snip>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./ipython", line 28, in ?
    IPython.Shell.start().mainloop()
  File "/home/xxx/lib/python/IPython/Shell.py", line 946, in start
    return shell(user_ns = user_ns)
  File "/home/xxx/lib/python/IPython/Shell.py", line 56, in __init__
    debug=debug,shell_class=shell_class)
  File "/home/xxx/lib/python/IPython/ipmaker.py", line 90, in make_IPython
    embedded=embedded,**kw)
  File "/home/xxx/lib/python/IPython/iplib.py", line 390, in __init__
    self.set_hook(hook_name,getattr(hooks,hook_name), 100)
  File "/home/xxx/lib/python/IPython/iplib.py", line 734, in set_hook
    f = new.instancemethod(hook,self,self.__class__)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'instancemethod'
</snap>

As far as I know there has been no change in my env settings and  my
machine. I also tried running it on multiple machines but I get the same
error. I  even  tried reinstalling  ip  but that did not  help.
Can someone please shed some light on this ? I am really frustated having to
use the python command line without ip.

Thanks a lot,

--
ss