[IPython-user] ipython1 test results

Flavio Coelho fccoelho at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 12:23:42 CST 2006

Hi I have just tested the latest SVN version o ipython1 and I decided to
tell the list that it really impressed me.

I had all the dependencies already installed since I had already played with
an earlier version (without success).

I really liked the new ipcluster script. I makes it a nobrainer to start the
system.
I couldn't get much out of the ipwebserver though. Maybe its just on its
preliminary stages. I have played around with some simple commands so far.
Since my workstation has 4 cpus, there is some fun to be had locally, but I
hope you improve the ipcluster script to automagically  start the engines in
multiple machines, given a list of ip addresses.

I have a question still, can Ipython1 parallelization facilities be from
within a module instead of being used interactively?  From what I've seen in
the documentation it seems possible given that ipcluster is up and running
beforehand.

Keep up the good work guys!

--
Flávio Codeço Coelho