[IPython-user] ipython1 test results

Flavio Coelho fccoelho at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 12:53:14 CST 2006

Thanks, Fernando!

> """Simple description of a distributed cluster"""
>
> controller = dict(host='krein',
>                   engine_port=None, # default is 10105
>                   control_port=None,
>                   )
>
> engines = dict(krein=2,
>                haar=1,
>                )
>
> 'krein' and 'haar' are valid hostnames on my subnet, to which I have
> paswordless ssh access activated.

So you can specify how many engines you want to start on each node of your
cluster?  That's great for heterogeneous clusters!

I am in the proccess of putting together a small cluster at my lab, so I
hope to be able to do some more serious tests in a week or two. But I'll
keep my svn copy up-to-date and try to comment on the new stuff as you
commit them.

By the way, the scatterAll and gatherAll  functions are just awesome!

cheers!

--
Flávio Codeço Coelho
registered Linux user # 386432