[IPython-user] IPython/wxPython crash on ppc Mac OS X 10.4.8

Jouni K Seppanen jks at iki.fi
Tue Nov 21 10:33:54 CST 2006

Michael Scarpa <m.scarpa at uva.nl> writes:

> The question here would be, how to detect whether one is using Python/
> readline from Apple or their own, but I guess you guys know more
> about that than I do.  Just being curious here.

Since the problem is so far only known to exist on the MacPython
version, how about something like this:

if sys.executable == '/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/' + \
                     '2.4/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python' and \
   sys.version_info == (2, 4, 3, 'final', 0):
    print "You may experience problems with readline."

In Apple's version, sys.executable is '/usr/bin/python', and I suppose
it will be '/sw/bin/python' and '/opt/local/bin/python' in Fink and
Macports.

--
Jouni