[IPython-user] ipython.el / xemacs / mac os x question

belinda thom bthom at cs.hmc.edu
Tue Nov 21 12:05:39 CST 2006

Jouni,

Your advice was spot-on, with one additional subtlety. I was using
the carbon variant of XEmacs, which hangs when you try and attach
gnuclient to it :-(. Someone posted a fix for this (http://off.net/
diary/2006/05/10/gnuclient-with-carbon-xemacs/)---some .c and .el
code needs to be modified and then the whole thing rebuilt---but I
haven't tried that. Went back to using X11 xemacs on the Mac, and
things are mostly working now.

Thanks,

--b