[IPython-user] ipython1 problem?

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 13:58:52 CST 2006

It looks like the engines are starting but are not finding the
controller you have running.  Things to check:

1.  Do you have a firewall blocking ports on the controller's computer?

2.  Did you tell the engines where the controller is running:

ipengine --controller-ip=[ip of the machine running the controller]

Another way of finding out what is going on is to start the
ipcontroller and ipengine with the -l flags:

ipcontroller -l cont
ipengine -l eng

These will cause the log files to be written to disk in the format:

contpid.log
engpig.log

Things to look for.  You should see the controller log a message that
the engines are being registered.  In the engine log you should see
the factor start.  If you see the factor start and then stop, the
engine didn't find the controller and is dead.

Brian