[IPython-user] ipython1 problem?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 10:31:10 CST 2006

On 11/22/06, Brian Granger <ellisonbg.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you have it working now though?
>
> On 11/22/06, Flavio Coelho <fccoelho at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Fernando,
> >
> > I thinks this arrangement looks fine. The only change I can think of is to
> > handle the errors that end up in the logs in such a way that the user also
> > gets informed of them.
>
> I agree this would be nice, I think the best way is to simply report
> *where* the log files are located and tell the user to look at them if
> there are problems.  I don't think we want to display all the log
> files by default though.

If I can get my office machine up and running again quickly (big
system upgrade), I'll add a couple of things to ipcluster that will
help here.

I'll also add a ticket to make sure we don't forget a deeper fix:
currently there are assumptions in the log file paths about the
filesystem layout of the remote engines.  Those may be true on an
NFS-shared environment, but not necessarily so otherwise.  That needs
to be fixed.

Give me an hour or two and I should be able to commit at least some
basic improvements that will help in the more common cases.