[IPython-user] colors NoColor issue and ipython.el

Jouni K Seppanen jks at iki.fi
Wed Nov 22 23:56:09 CST 2006

belinda thom <bthom at cs.hmc.edu> writes:

> However, when I execute py-shell in xemacs (via M-x py-shell), the
> colors are turned on (the ipythonrc file is ignored).

Could it be an environment variable problem again? When you launch a
program using the MacOS X GUI (as opposed to running programs from the
Terminal), it does not "see" any environment variables set in your
shell. If IPython needs any environment variables to find ipythonrc
(things like IPYTHONDIR, PYTHONSTARTUP, or even PYTHONPATH if you
happen to have multiple versions of IPython installed) you need to
make sure they are set somewhere that the process does "see", e.g.
.xemacs/init.el or .MacOSX/environment.plist, just as in the
PYTHONDOCS case.

--
Jouni