[IPython-user] exiting ipshell()

Kumar Golap tizan.moris at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 12:44:42 CDT 2006

Hi All,

I was wondering if its possible to exit the ipythonshell without
exiting python. (or may be just turn off interactivity totally).

The reason is to allow users of a function to fork the process (using
os.fork())....and in the child process i want just to execute some cpu
intensive stuff without any interactivty....

Right now when i fork and return back to the prompt in the parent
process...some of the character that i type on the shell seems to be
grabbed by the child process  (this does not seem to happen in pure
python...hence my guess its related to the ipython shell). And i do
want to stay in the ipython shell in the parent process.

Thanks for any help/suggestions

Kumar