[IPython-user] Install several parallel versions of ipython (different python interpreters)

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Oct 6 03:54:59 CDT 2006

Hi there,

    I am using ipython as my python interpreter for numerical work, and
ipython is really great.

    I would like to know if there is an easy way to install parallel
versions of ipython ? Actually, I would like to be able to use ipython
with python 2.4 which is the default on my machine, and with python2.5
(compiled by hand); is changing the python interpreter in the ipython
script the only required change ? (I was thinking about having ipython
with the default interpreter and ipython2.5 using the python2.5
interpreter) ?

    Thanks,

    David