[IPython-user] problems with windows install

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu
Sun Oct 29 10:27:35 CST 2006

Ryan,

first a question, You said you don't see this when using cmd.exe so with
what terminals do you see the problem?

Considering what you write about %colors NoColor in ipythonrc not
working it sounds like we have problems both with ipython (sending color
escapes when its not supposed to) and with pyreadline (not parsing the
escapes properly). Does the other functionality of pyreadline work,
like: history, tab completion, clipboard paste?

On 10/26/06, Ryan Krauss <ryanlists at gmail.com> wrote:
 > > Thanks for your thoughts.  It does not happen at a normal cmd.exe
 > > prompt, nor if I type python at that prompt.  Putting %colors NoColor
 > > in ipythonrc doesn't help (but there don't seem to be any colors
 > > anyways right now).  I am using pyreadline 1.3 from the IPython
 > > webpage.

You could try running pyreadline from svn, there have been some work on
the color handling since the last release. If you are unable to get it
from svn I could make a zip file of the latest version and mail you
directly.

Ryan Krauss skrev:

> So, I think my problem is with pyreadline.  What should I do next?

/Jörgen