[IPython-user] IPython/wxPython crash on ppc Mac OS X 10.4.8

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 13:46:10 CST 2006

On 10/30/06, Jonathan Guyer <guyer at nist.gov> wrote:
> Fernando,
>
> Sorry to email you directly about this, but I don't see any way to
> file a ticket in your Trac system. Evidently I need a different
> username and password than is accepted on scipy.org as a whole?

Unfortunately this is outside of my control, but I've contacted the
Enthought admin to request help on this, and he's looking into it.
It's really a problem for users (and even some of our developers with
SVN write access) not to be able to submit tickets, I know.  Hopefully
it will be resolved soon.

> I got this crash a couple of times, apparently in response to arrow
> key completion of a Python command (happened with different
> commands). I don't know whether this is the same issue reported in
> http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/ticket/47, but I am *not*
> running on an Intel machine.

I'm sending this to the list as well, because I'm pretty sure that
it's a problem related to the Mac build of Python which others have
seen (I remember Brian Granger showing it to me a few months ago).
Since I don't remember the details, hopefully one of the Mac users
will be able to fill us in.