[IPython-user] Functional Trac user registration

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 14:19:10 CST 2006

Hi all,

with a huge thank you to Jeff Strunk from Enthought, we now have
functional registration for new users in Trac!  This means that anyone
can now submit tickets to IPython, by simply making a user account on
the Trac system.  There's a 'Register' link at the top right, which
will take you here:

http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/register

After that you can make new tickets as needed.  The registration step
is needed because otherwise the flood of spam to the system is
unstoppable.

We'll update the wiki and make prominent links to this soon.

This completes our transition from the old Roundup/manual-ugly
homepage to the Trac/Moin environment in terms of needed
functionality.

Regards,