[IPython-user] IPython/wxPython crash on ppc Mac OS X 10.4.8

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 22:28:42 CST 2006

Ah yes, I remember this one.  It is a bug in readline.  For a
temporary fix you can uncomment the following lines in your ipythonrc
file:

# I also like to have the same functionality on the plain arrow keys. If you'd
# rather have the arrows use all the history (and not just match what you've
# typed so far), comment out or delete the next two lines.
#readline_parse_and_bind "\e[A": history-search-backward
#readline_parse_and_bind "\e[B": history-search-forward

That fixes it for me - and most of readline will still work.

Brian