[IPython-user] Custom command completers implemented in SVN

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Tue Oct 31 13:09:29 CST 2006

    Fernando> On 10/30/06, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:
    >> I have a preliminary (but functional, and probably final)
    >> implementation of custom completer hooks implemented in
    >> SVN. Now it's quite easy to add your own completers.  Here's an
    >> example (Extensions/ipy_linux_package_managers.py):

    Fernando> Great, thanks!  This should make John Hunter happy :)

it does make me happy, but I am not sure why I am being singled out
here.  How do I enable these, by the way.  Do I drop a modified
Extensions/ipy_stock_completers.py in my rc dir?  I'm itching to add

mpl_completers = """\
afm agg art3d artist axes axes3d axis axis3d backend_bases cbook cm
collections colorbar colors contour dates figure finance font_manager
image legend lines mathtext mathtext2 mlab nxutils patches proj3d
pylab pyparsing quiver table texmanager text ticker transforms widgets
windowing
"""

scipy_completers = """\
stats sparse lib linalg signal misc interpolate optimize cluster
fftpack io maxentropy integrate lib.lapack special lib.blas
"""

JDH