[IPython-user] Custom command completers implemented in SVN

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 14:56:50 CST 2006

On 10/31/06, John Hunter <jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu> wrote:

>     Ville> ... and patches for ipy_stock_completers.py are very
>     Ville> welcome!
>
> So do these stock completers get loaded automatically -- what exactly
> is their role?  Examples only?  I see that they are installed in
> Extensions but don't know enough about ipython internals to know what
> the significance of this is.

The idea is that we'll add "import ipy_stock_completers" to the
initial ipy_user_conf.py. That way, they are always imported by
default but the user can easily comment that line out if he doesn't
want them (or some stock completer is causing problems, or slowness,
or whatever).

The idea of Extensions in general is that they can be imported in
ipy_user_conf.py, or ipy_profile_PROFILENAME.py.