[IPython-user] upgrade problem

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 01:45:56 CDT 2006

On 9/5/06, Dave <davbrow at gmail.com> wrote:

> it looks like ipython 0.7.2 is looking in a 0.7.1 directory for a
> config file.  Does anyone have advice on how to fix this?
>
> Also my config files in .ipython are of course for v0.7.1.  Are these
> compatible with 0.7.2?  What's the best way to upgrade these?

Run %upgrade and tell us how it goes. It should install
ipy_user_conf.py in your ~/.ipython.

> history is lost for all of the current session.  Does 0.7.2 support
> keeping history across crashes?  If not it would be a very helpful
> feature for me.  Even if the history was not completely current it
> would still be nice to have it recorded up to the last few minutes or
> so.

Not at this very moment, it's only saved on exit (see iplib.py -
atexit_operations()). It should be quite doable to install, say, a
custom prompt hook (instructions in the wiki) that execute
_ip.IP.savehist() every few minutes.

(If you have no idea what I'm talking about let me know; my home
machine is still broken ("motherboard is hard to find from importer
blah blah") but I could spare a bit of work time to roll up an
example).