[IPython-user] pysh

Ryan Krauss ryanlists at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 09:54:01 CDT 2006

Is pysh (the one that comes with windows IPython executable) basically
a light weight Cygwin?  I am forced back into windows against my will
at work, and the dos shell drives me crazy with its uselessness.  I
would prefer not to install Cygwin, but I want a decent shell with
persistent and searchable history.  Can pysh do that?  Is there
documentation on it somewhere?  Can I define aliases for certain
commands like latex with certain options for source specials and
interaction mode set?

Thanks,

Ryan