[IPython-user] -pylab -p scipy

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 21:59:53 CDT 2006

On 9/18/06, Ryan Krauss <ryanlists at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, if I add this to the post install script under run:
>     make_shortcut('IPython_pylab.lnk',sys.executable, '"%s" -pylab -p
> scipy' % ip_filename,
>                   my_documents_dir,
>                   'IPython Scientific (-pylab -p scipy)',
>                   (pycon_icon,0))
> can I build a windows executable IPython installer from Ubuntu, or do
> I need to copy my source distribution onto a windows box?  Do I need a
> compiler that works on windows?

No compiler needed, I've always built the releases on Linux boxes
(Fedora before, Ubuntu as of late).  Have a look in the tools/
directory for little shell scripts that show how the targets are
built; the windows one is just

./setup.py bdist_wininst --install-script=ipython_win_post_install.py

Let us know if you run into trouble...