[IPython-user] tab-completion just stopped working. now tabs print.

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Wed Sep 27 02:31:53 CDT 2006

Please note that you must subscribe to the list to post (spam issues).

You need to build python with readline support.  Try

import readline

at a plain (non ipython) python prompt and see what you get.  Most likely your
python does not have readline support, since ipython would otherwise use it
transparently.